Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I'm in a weird place right now...

I have never done anything in my life up to this point that has taken me on such a roller coaster ride.  One day I am at the highest point that I think I will ever reach and the next day I want to scrap it all and hide under the covers.  And you know what?  I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world (except Jason Statham.  Yeah, definitely Jason Statham!)

Speaking for myself, being an author is an emotional experience.  I never knew how much I loved to write... until I'm not writing.  Finishing a book gives me an incredible sense of accomplishment which is quickly followed by a let-down of knowing that I'm done.  It sounds silly I know but as soon as I finish one book, I want to start writing the next.  And with self-publishing there is so much more to do than just write the book.  So I'm not able to devote every minute to putting words on paper even though I feel like a part of me is missing if I'm not creating my next adventure.

I wonder if all authors go through this or is it just me?  Is it my dysfunctional, disorganized mind that craves to write?  Is it a hidden talent that until very recently lie dormant, hiding in the depths of my soul, and now, after seeing light for the first time, refuses to be locked away?  Is it a phase that will pass as all of my other creative endeavors have done?

All I know is, that for this moment in my life, this is what I need to do.  Write.  Just write.

No comments:

Post a Comment