Monday, January 1, 2018

2018, oh, how I've yearned for you! 

As years go, 2017 wasn't all that terrible, but it also wasn't the best on the books.  So I'm viewing this new year with high expectations.  Time truly does go by in the blink of an eye, and I need to make the most of it.  For instance, it seems only yesterday that I embarked on this writer's journey of mine when it's actually been more than four years.  I loathe thinking that another four will go by leaving me to wonder if I could've made better use of the seconds, minutes, hours each day bestows upon me.

I have big plans this year.  Huge plans.  Epic.  And I'm determined to accomplish them.  Better yet, I WILL accomplish them!  Because the sand is slipping through the hourglass faster than any of us imagine, and in a heartbeat, I'll be looking back on my life, evaluating the choices I made.  I don't want 'wasting time' to be one of them.

Don't wait to live your dream.  Take the first step.  Set things in motion.  Get the ball rolling.  Whichever idiom works for you, use it to take charge of your destiny.  Your life won't change overnight.  It might not even change much in four years.  But the time will go by anyway, so you might as well spend it working at what you love most.

Here's wishing everyone realizes their dream in 2018.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment